Exercising the right of withdrawal and relevant exclusions
RIGHT OF WITHDRAWAL
If for any reason the customer (hereinafter referred to as the “Customer”) is unsatisfied with the purchase of the products branded “Villa d’Este S.p.A.” (hereinafter referred to as the “Products”) he/she can exercise his/her right of withdrawal within 14 (fourteen) days from the date in which (i) the Products have been delivered or (ii) in case of multiple Products delivered separately within a single order, from the date the last Product has been delivered.
Upon receiving the Products, the Customer, in any case, must wait 24 hours to allow for the update of such delivery on its personal account. Once the update has been made, the Customer will be able to proceed with the exercise of the withdrawal right and consequent request of return.
PROCEDURE FOR EXERCISING THE RIGHT OF WITHDRAWAL
Customers wishing to exercise his/her right of withdrawal, must follow these simple steps:
1. after 24 hours from the receipt of the Products, the Customer that is already registered on the Website www.villadestelaboutique.com must access his/her own private area by Login. The Customer will then have to click on the section “My Orders” and then on “Request Return”. He/she will then select the order containing the Products he/she wishes to return, specifying the reason. The delivery will be at the care and expense of the Customer him/herself;
2. the Customer will receive an e-mail confirming the exercise of the withdrawal containing the instructions for the return of the Products which must be sent to Villa d’Este SpA S.p.A., Via Regina, 40, Cernobbio (Como), – 22012 – Italy;
3. the Customer shall return the Products for which he/she has exercised the right of withdrawal without undue delay and, in any case, within and not later than 14 (fourteen) days from the date on which he/she has exercised the right of withdrawal;
4. the Customer must place the Products in their original packaging: The Products must be returned in their original wrappings and packages, in the same condition in which there were received, and in a perfect state of preservation, complete with all their parts and accessories, unused and with any instructions/notes/manuals attached, with any warranty certificate, with the labels and tags still attached to them together with the return form received by e-mail;
5. the Customer must keep the receipt of the delivery made;
6. once Villa d’Este receives the parcel, it will check the condition of the Products to ensure that the Products have not been damaged (for example with signs of wear, abrasions, grazes, scratches, buckling, etc.), that there aren’t missing any parts and/or accessories (including the labels and tags which have to be unaltered and still attached to the Products), nor any instructions/notes/manuals attached or warranty certificates, or that there aren’t without the original wrappings and packages. Once the checking is completed, Villa d’Este S.p.A. will refund the value of the Products using the same payment method used for their initial purchase without undue delay and in any case within 14 (fourteen) days from the day on which the Customer has exercised his/her right of withdrawal. The refund may be suspended until receipt of the Products or until the Customer can prove having sent back the Products, whichever occurs first.
The Customer is responsible for any reduce value of the Products resulting from a different handling of the Products from the one required by their nature, their characteristics and their operation. Therefore, if the Products returned are damaged (for example with signs of wear, abrasions, grazes, scratches, buckling, etc.) with some of their parts and accessories missing (including the labels and tags which have to be unaltered and still attached to the Products), not provided with the instructions/notes/manuals attached, without the original wrappings and packages and without any warranty certificate, the Customer will respond for the decrease in value of the Products and will be entitled to the refund of an amount corresponding to their residual value. For this purpose, therefore, the Customer is invited not to handle the Products more than it is strictly necessary to establish their nature, characteristics and operation and to cover the original wrapping of the Products with another protective packaging to ensure its integrity and to protect them during transport, also from writings and labels.
EXCLUSIONS OF THE RIGHT OF WITHDRAWAL
The right of withdrawal is excluded in the cases provided for by art. 59 of the Legislative Decree No. 206 of 6th September 2005 (“Consumer Code”). In particular, for hygienic reasons or for reasons related to the Customer’s health, the right of withdrawal is explicitly excluded in the case of perfumes.